Susan D. Pontoriero
In May of 2007, Susan and her sister, Marianna C. Pontoriero, Esq. established The Pontoriero Law Firm and devoted the practice to Family Law matters. In 2020, Susan has continued to commit her practice to Family Law cases through Pontoriero Family Law, LLC.
Pontoriero Family Law, LLC is a general family law practice involving a variety of issues including:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Distribution in Divorce
- Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders
- Mediation for Divorce and Family Law
- Parenting Time (Visitation)
- Grandparent Rights/Visitation
- Marital Agreements
- Divorce & Family Law
- New Jersey Same-Sex Marriage, Civil Unions & Domestic Partnerships
- Court Order Enforcement
- Court Order Modifications
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Interstate Child Custody (UCCJEA)
Prior to 2007, Susan Pontoriero was an Attorney with the law firm of Lite, Greenberg & Rivas, LLC, located in Newark, NJ. During her time with Lite DePalma, Susan managed many of the firm’s complex commercial litigation and class action cases securities fraud, ERISA, derivative actions, wage and hour law, consumer fraud and antitrust.
- Assisted author Allyn Z. Lite, Esq. from 1998 through 2006, in drafting comments and annotations to the United States District Court’s Local Rules: “New Jersey Federal Practice Rules,” published by Gann Law Books.
- Successes at LDGR include In re Tenet Securities Litigation (C.D. Cal.), where LDGR, as Co-Lead Counsel, won settlements for $216.5 million against one defendant and $65 million against the other defendant.
Selected Reported Decisions
- In re NUI Securities Litigation, 314 F.Supp.2d 388 (D.N.J. 2004).
- In re Tenet Healthcare Corp. Securities Litigation, 2007 WL 5673884 (C.D. Cal. Dec. 5, 2007).
- NCP Litigation Trust v. KPMG LLP, 187 N.J. 353 (N.J. 2006).
- In re Suprema Specialties, Inc. Securities Litigation, 438 F.3d 256 (3d Cir. 2006).
- In re Tellium, Inc. Securities Litigation, 2005 WL 1677467 (D.N.J. June 30, 2005).
- Yang v. Odom, 2005 WL 2000156 (D.N.J. Aug. 19, 2005)
Ms. Pontoriero is a former member of the John C. Lifland American Inn of the Court. She is also currently an active member of the Ocean County Business Association and Ocean County Bar Association.
Susan is also accepted to serve on the panel of mediators for New Jersey Superior Court Rule 1:40 mandatory mediation programs.
J.D., Seton Hall School of Law, 2000
B.A., B.S., Rutgers College, cum laude, 1997
New Jersey, 2000
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2000
Send Us A Message
Submit the form below to let us know how we can help.
We help New Jersey families with all aspects of family law, including, but not limited to: